Sometimes it is really easy to get so caught up in the crazy everyday run around that it is easy to forget why we do what we do. My kids are really good about giving me a good look at what this is all worth. I decided that it would be fun to share a few of these moments...
In the morning we have the same thing happen every morning, Sunshine wakes up about 6:30am everyday. She then wakes up little man and they play. They get restless and want to eat breakfast. However I make them wait for Princess G to wake up. She sleeps longer and I only like to do breakfast once. And Princess G needs her sleep. Well this morning was no exception to our normal routine. However when Princess G woke up she came into my room to cuddle. (I was in bed enjoying New Moon :) After we cuddled for a few minutes I said lets tease the other kids just a little. So we covered Princess G under my covers and I called in the other kids. I asked them if we should just go ahead and eat without Princess G. They got very excited and said yes (of course) Then I asked if they loved Princess G. They got very excited and said yes. Then Sunshine came running over close to where we were hiding Princess G and said "Mommy she is my very bestest friend" That made me so happy. She still had no idea that we were hiding Princess G under the covers. It was so honest and sweet, and she said it with such excitement. I decided I would remember this through the day when they start fighting. After sunshine said this I removed the covers and the girls came face to face, then Sunshine got even more excited and they hugged. This is what makes it all worth it.
Yesterday, was another fun moment. Our back door has been sticking and very hard to open for awhile. It seems to have gotten worse the last few weeks. It is so bad that Sunshine has not been able to open the door on her own. That has made it really hard because Little man and Princess G will run out side close the door and leave Sunshine behind. She is then left at the door crying, because she wants out, or in. Then I drop what ever I am doing and get the door for her. Well I have been saying that we really need to fix the door. It is driving me crazy. You have to slam the door to close it. I hate the slamming doors. So I decided I need to do something about it. Alan thought our house had settled and the frame had shifted so that it would be difficult and expensive to fix.I decided I should just look at it to see what was going on. I opened the door to look at the hinges, it looked as if some of the screw were loose. I thought well that would be too easy. I grabed a screwdriver and tried to tight a few screws. The screws turned out to be striped. I pulled out a screw it turned out the screws are only 3/4 inch screws. I am not contractor or anything. However that seemed way to little for something you use everyday. I went and found some much longer screws and replaced just one screw. I then closed the door. Much to my surprise and excitement it closed all the way and quietly. Yeah for Mommy. I decided to replace all the striped screws in the top hing as well as a few others in the other two hinges. The kids came down and wanted to go out side. They opened the door and were very excited Mommy the door opens and closes. I said I know i fixed it. They then started running around the house yelling "Mommy fixed the door, Mommy fixed the door" It made me feel good. My little cheerleaders. The best though was when Sunshine got up from her nap, I said to her to go let the dog out. She said mommy I can't open the door. I told her I fixed it go try. She runs over and opened the door. She got so excited she said "Mommy I opened the door with one hand" Her excitement was so cute. I love how kids get excited over the little things.
Ok, one more story and I am done for now. Last week we were leaving the park and the girls were talking about a very large fly they had sen at the park. Princess G asks Mom do flys bite? I said no they are just ugly, Sunshine then pipes up and says yeah and they're ugly too. I thought I was going to die laughing. It was so honest and matter-of-fact. Kids are so sweet and fun. i am glad I can blog these events. I think of it as a great journal. I am not sure who reads our blog, but I decided it really doesn't matter I am really grateful I am able to do this.





1 comments:
Love the blog, Lizbuff! =) cute lil stories to remember!
Post a Comment