Friday, August 22, 2008

Lots going on...


So there has been so much going on, so I am finally going to catch up.

Little Man's first day of school


Little Man is so excited to be in second grade. He is also very excited that so many of his friends from 1st grade and kindergarten are in his class. He loves feeling like a big kid. He gets to tell his sister all about their school. Where everything is and all about the teachers. It is really cute.


Princess G also had her first day off school, She is doing Kindergarten again this year. We decided that she missed too much school last year to move on. We want her to be ahead and not always trying to catch up. We are very happy to have both kids at the same school this year. Kindergartners start two days after the other kids. She was so excited for her first day.

Princess G was a little unsure of the class pet when we went to met the Teacher day. However on the first day she decided she was brave and was telling the other kids to not be scared. It was really cute.


So as soon as we dropped off the kids at school, Alan and I along with Sunshine we took off for Las Vegas, for my ten year high school. I was helping plan the whole event. We had a ton of fun. Funny story, when we where driving to Las Vegas Sunshine asked if she could sit in the front seat of the car. We explained to her that you have to be at least twelve to sit in the front seat of the car. Then we asked her how old she was, she said 13! We got a really good laugh out of that.

On Friday night everyone met at The Palms to go to a bar called the Ghost Bar. It is a bar on the 55th floor of the Hotel. It was a lot of fun. On Saturday we had a BBQ at the park. Let me tell you I forgot how hot it is in Las Vegas in August. Some how we survived. Saturday night we had a really fun Formal Dinner. When I started planning the formal dinner I found out that class of 97 from our school had 46 people at their dinner. My goal was to beat them. We had just over 80 people. It is fun to have your goals met. The class gave me a dozen beautiful pink roses and a really cute photo album for all the work I had put into planning the reunion. It was so nice that everyone appriciated the hard work I had done. We had so much fun. It was really nice to see everyone. Some people look just the same, some I did not even recognize. In the end it was a really great weekend.







0 comments: